I just had my first read of Purcell's take on the role of a TL. It detailed a much more exciting role than I had thought possible, which may be related to it being a US role but hopefully that isn't the only reason.
Reading it, I found it a much more focused piece than Herring's article I read yesterday. It sounded like she had been employed in a school library in the last decade! I was happy to read at the conclusion that she currently works as a TL. Refreshing!
I was excited by her role definitions, and the scope that they allow. Obviously time would inhibit full demonstration in each role but I can see that using a 'time study' could really focus on your weaknesses in the role of a TL.
I will do a more complete reading of this article in the coming weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment