Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Sup? The beginnings...

Once a Teacher Librarian, what is thine purpose?
Not sure, say I, besides roles supervisory?

I haven't read any articles yet regarding the role of a teacher librarian so this is useful as a baseline thought, before getting stuck into some academic articles that I hoped never to read again after finishing my first degree...
The role in question changes between schools and changes again between Primary and High schools, both of which I work in. I find it an appealing role in that I can escape the full time teaching load that would otherwise cause an early retreat from the school system. It doesn't involve dealing with the same group of students day in/day out and is varied in that it deals with individuals through to small groups through the whole classes - the variety I think will ensure I am interested and interesting!
The role itself is hopefully one of a skills provider, rather than the more traditional/boring/standardised test obsessed role of a teacher as a knowledge conveyor.
Now to my first reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment