My degree is 9 years old, but I don't remember the term of Information Literacy. Having worked in high schools for most of the time since graduating with a Primary Ed degree, maybe I have missed some obvious stuff. High school is so separated by curricular areas. Information Literacy? I understand now what is covers, but the term is new to me.
From the readings, it seems to be a large part of what a TL should be developing in their school.
How embarrassment for a Uni that it isn't included in a 4 year teaching degree!
How embarrassment for a Uni that it isn't included in a 4 year teaching degree!
I can tell one thing, the fact that it has so many different definitions and so many available models means that it will always cause some confusion. I can understand why some teachers were confused by it in the J. E. Herring & Bush, 2011 study in some Aussie schools. I'm a fan of standardisation as a way of speeding up improvements and making life easier and this is one thing we should attempt to accomplish.
No comments:
Post a Comment