Monday, 2 April 2012

mmmm technology

Hay and Todd found in 2010 the belief amongst teacher librarians is that information technology based competencies in students “is the central action of the teacher librarian”. That's fairly exciting for me, as I think that also but I am not yet a TL. 

Martineau (2010) describes teacher librarians as leaders in ICT. ooo I like that. A group of TL peeps talk about transforming static library web sites into wikis and user generated centres of learning which will fit my web skill well. Perhaps teachers might start to use their smartboards as more than projectors...

I really like the idea of Personal Learning Environments that Loertscher & Koechlin wrote about in 2011. We already use personalised browser start pages and apps like facebook that allow us to display what we desire so why not start that for students? The idea of a PLE is going to be something I am will look into in the practical sense.
From what I am reading, the opportunities for tech in the library and school are incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment